WHY TEF ??
- Emigrating to Canada and acquiring Canadian citizenship with TEF Canada.
- Emigrating to Quebec with the TEF Québec – TEFAQ.
- Studying in France with the TEF Études
- Obtaining French nationality with the TEF Naturalisation
- Obtaining a French resident card with the TEF Carte de resident
If you intend to live in Quebec, Canada, you need to take the TCFQ (TCF pour le Québec) to test and certify your French proficiency.
It will help the Quebec immigration authorities to verify your immigration application.
The TEF consists of 5 tests:
- Oral comprehension (CO) 40 min
- Written comprehension (CE) 60 min
- Oral Expression (EO) 15 min
- Written Expression (EE) 60 min
- Vocabulary and syntax (LS) 30 min
As per your objectives and the customs you have to finish, you can pick the TEF version that includes the tests you require.
For specific variants of the TEF, the tests must be finished at a single session.
In TEF, your scores will be valid for TWO years only.
Today, there are a lot of openings for work for French specialists that require a specific degree of capability in a particular foreign language.
Cambridge Institute, Mumbai will you the best training and French Language Courses which require to be eligible for the TEF Exam Test. Your French aptitudes in such fields will put you in front of others in any employee recruitment. The best way to guarantee you have this edge is to sit for a French capability test and addition an affirmation that will confirm your comprehension and capacity to communicate in this language.
It is a standard method to certify one’s French-language capacity for work and to enroll in specific programs and study abroad as an international student.
TEF EXAM Pattern :
The immigration service will expect and demand results from the stages mentioned for the Canadian government. The Canadian level of proficiency is determined by using a seven-level scale that conforms to the norms of CEFR and the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB).
The TEF exams are divided into a computer and paper sections.
The exams are scheduled for all months throughout the year, but few tests are conducted only a few times in a year, and the candidate must have attained the age of 16 years.
Points to earn for Canada PR by giving TEF:
For French as a second language, you can get 4 points if you score CLB 5/6 in all 4 abilities (reading, writing, speaking, and listening).
- It can rise to 12 and 24 points if you get CLB 7/8, and CLB 9/10, respectively.
- Besides 4 to 24 points, you can also earn up to 30 additional points (French as your second language) if you have CLB 7 in French and CLB 5 or higher in English, and 15 extra points if you have CLB 7 in French and CLB 4 or lower in English, or not taking an English test at all.
- You need compulsory CLB 7 in all 4 sections. The minimum threshold is CLB7 for skill types 0 and A.
- To sum up, you can earn between 0 to 54 points based on TEF or TCF scores.
- You can get 4 points if you are at an intermediate level (B1).
- However, if you get CLB 7 or more (B2, C1, or C2) in all sections, you can earn between 42 to 54 points.
- There is no meaningful gain by appearing for TEF or TCF unless you are at a higher intermediate (B2) or advanced level (C1 or C2).
CLB 7 is more or less equivalent to DELF B2.
Generally, it takes 600-800 hours of classroom studies to complete the entire course of B2.
While a lot depends on the language learning methodology, usually, it takes at least 2 years.
Can it be done in say 6 months?
- Even if you’re willing to work genuinely hard.
We have designed our French course as per international standards and guidelines like CEFR, DALF, DELF, TEF, TCF.
If you’re interested in pursuing French classes in Mumbai, then Contact Us.
How To Register??
To register, contact the test center closest to you!
Click here: https://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/trouver-un-centre-agree/
If you cannot find centers offering TEF Quebec (TEFAQ) in your country, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.